Biography of Jeton Kelmendi
Poet, player, publicist, translator, publisher and a professor of university and academic.
Born in the city of Peja, Kosovo (1978), Jeton Kelmendi completed elementary school in his birth place. Later he continued his studies at the University of Pristina and received the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Mass communication. He completed his graduate studies at the Free University of Brussels, Belgium, specializing in International and Security Studies. He finished his second master degree in diplomacy. Kelmendi did a PhD in the “Influence of media in EU Political Security Issues”. He is professor at AAB University College. He is active member of the European Academy of Science and Arts in Salzburg Austria. For many years he has written poetry, prose, essays and short stories. He is a regular contributor to many newspapers, in Albania and abroad, writing on many cultural and political topics, especially concerning international affairs. Jeton Kelmendi became well known in Kosova, after the publication of his first book entitled: “The Century of Promises” (“Shekulli i Premtimeve”), published in 1999. Later he published a number of other books. His poems are translated in more that twenty-seven languages and published in several international Literature Anthologies. He is the most translated Albanian Poet and well known in Europe. According to a number of literary critics, Kelmendi is the genuine representative of modern Albanian poetry. International critics and poets wrote for him a lot of article, considering him as great European poet. He is a member of many international poetry clubs and is a contributor to many literary and cultural magazines, especially in English, French and Romanian Languages. The wisdom of his work in the field of Literature is based in the attention that he pays to the poetic expression, modern exploration of the text and the depth of the message. His Genre is focused more on love lyrics and elliptical verse intertwined with metaphors and artistic symbolism. Currently resides and works in Brussels, Belgium and in Pristina, Kosovo.
- “The Century Promises” (“Shekulli i Premtimeve”), 1999 (poetry)
- “Beyond Silence” (“Përtej Heshtjes”), 2002 (poetry)
- “If it is afternoon” (“Në qoftë mesditë”), 2004 (poetry)
- “Fatherland pardon me” (“Më fal pak Atdhe”), 2005,(poetry)
- “Where are the arrivals going” (“Ku shkojnë ardhjet”),2007 (poetry)
- “You arrived for the traces of wind” (“Erdhe për gjurmë të erës”), 2008 (poetry)
- “Time when it has time” (“Koha kurë të ketë kohë”), 2009 (poetry)
- “Wandering thoughts” (“Rrugëtimi i mendimeve“) 2010 poetry
- “The baptize of spirit” (Pagezimi I shpirtit) 2012 poetry
- “I call forgotten things” (Thërras gjërat e harruara) 2013 poetry
- “Mrs Word” (“Zonja Fjalë”), 2007 (Drama)
- “Play and anti-play” (Lojë dhe kundër lojë) 2011 Drama
- EU mission in Kosova after its independence 2010 USA.
- Bad times for the knowledge 2011, Pristina Kosovo.
- NATO-EU missions, cooperative or competitive 2012, Tirana Albania.
- Media Influence in Security Politics in EU, 2016, Brussels, Belgium.
Published Works In Foreign Language:
- “Ce mult s-au rãrit scrisorile” (“Sa fortë janë rralluar letrat”); published in Romanian Language.
- “A respiration” (“Frymëmarrje’); published in India
- “Dame parol,” drama; published in French
- “COMME LE COMMENCEMENT EST SILENCIEUX”
(“When start the silence”), poetry; Paris, France
- “ΠΟΥ ΠΑΝΕ ΟΙ ΕΡΧΟΜΟΙ (“Where go the comings”),
Poetry in Greek; Greece
- “Wie wollen (“Si me dashtë”), poetry; Germany
- Frau Wort (Miss word) drama Germany
- Nasil sevmeli (Si me dashtë) poetry Turkey
- НА ВЕРХІВ’Ї ЧАСУ (In the bigening of time) poetry Ukraine
- How to reach yourself Poetry in USA
- в зените времени истлевшего (A vers on top of the time gone) Poetry Russia
- 34首封面 (34 poemus) poetry China
- “فواصل للحذف ” (Elliptical dots) Poetry in Egypt
- Pensamientos del Alma (Thoughts of the spirit), poetry Spain 2014
– Xewnên di dîwêr de (How to love) poetry Kudristan-Turkey 2015
– Cómo Llegar A Ti Mismo (How to love) poetry Argentina 2015
– Com Retrobar-Se (How to love) poetry Catalonia 2015
– Prescurtarea departarilor (Shortening distances), poetry Romania, 2016
Books translated by Jeton Kelmendi
- ° Plagët e bukurisë by Athanase Vantchev de Thracy (France), translated from French together with Gjovalin Kola
- ° Hijet e dritës by Skënder Sherifi (Belgium), translated from French
- ° Gjuha e botës (International Poetry Antholgy) (10 poets from 10 countries) translated from English and French
- ° Sheshi i shikimeve (International Poetry Anthology) (13 poets from 13 countries) translated from English
- ° E di kush je by Erling Kittelsen (Norwey), translated from English
- ° Emrimi i gjërave by Zhang Zhi Diablo (Chine), translated from English.
- ° Vetmia e erës by Bill Wolak (USA), Traslated from English
Member of the Academy of Science and Arts of Europe, Salsburg, Austria,
Member of the Association of Professional Journalists of Europe, Brussels, Belgium.
Member of the Academy of Science, Arts and Literature of Europe, Paris, France.
Member of the Academy of Science and High Education of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine.
Member of International PEN club Belgian Francophone, Brussels Belgium.
- Doctor Honoris Causa of the Institute of Ukrainian and Caucasian studies at the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences 201.
- Doctor Honoris Causa of Universidad Nacional Del Este, Praguay 2017.
- SOLENZARA Prestigious International Award, Paris, France 2010.
- Internationa Prize “Nikolaj Gogol” Ucraine 2013.
- International Prize “Alexander the Great” Greece 2013
- National Poetry book prize MITINGU, in Gjakova, Kosovo 2011.
- International Prize “World Poetry” third prize in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina 2013.
- “Translater of theyear 2013”, in China 2013.
- International Prize “Mather Teresa” for humaniy in poetry, Gjakova Kosovo. 2013
- International Prize “Ludwig Nobel” of Udmurtian PEN Club, Udmurtu, Russia 2014
- International Prize “Mihai Eminescu” Romania, 2016
- International Prize “Poet of the year 2016”, Sofly International literatture foundation 2017.
- International Prize “World Icon for Peace”, from the World Institute for Peace, Nigeria, 2017.
- Ambasador of Peace by the World Institute for Peace. 2017.
Personal website www.jetonkelmendi.page.tl